Sunday, June 06, 2010
this short video will give us a better understanding about Indonesia. As we know that Indonesia is a tropical country and has a lot of variety of flora and fauna. This video will give you an introduction of flora and fauna in Indonesia as well as the threat they are facing. We hope after you watch this video, you can take part as individual to protect flora and fauna not only in Indonesia but also anywhere else around the world. As for foreigners who want to visit Indonesia we hope to see you soon here.
Enjoy the show and welcome to Indonesia.....!!
Saturday, June 05, 2010
- Jasmine (Jasminum sambac) - A small white flower with sweet fragrance,
- Moon Orchid (Phalaenopsis amabilis) - A small beautiful flower that represent the beauty of Indonesia,
- Rafflesia Arnoldii (Rafflesia Arnoldii) - A big unique flower that only can found in Indonesia.
source : www.wikipedia.com
Friday, June 04, 2010
- Orangutans are very smart animals.
- Orangutans are the only apes live in Asia. All other apes live in Africa.
- The orangutan is the largest tree-living animal in the world.
- Orangutans eat more than 300 kinds of fruit.
- Female orangutans have babies about once every eight years. A baby usually stays with its mother for 10 or more years.
But nowadays the population of orangutans decrease significantly, because many people use their habitats to build industry areas, or living areas. Indonesia have some conservation areas to save them, for examples, Tanjung Puting National Park and Sebangau National Park in Central Kalimantan. And orangutans also have foundations, Borneo Survival Foundation, found by Dr. Willie Smits.
Wednesday, June 02, 2010
- Javan Hawk-eagle (Nisateus bartelsi)
- Tapir (Tapirus indicus)
- Orang Utan (Pongo borneo)
- Sumatran Tiger (Phantera tigris sumatrae) -> status : Critically endangered
- Sea-Turtle (Chelonioidea)
- Javan Gibbon or Silvery Gibbon (Hylobates moloch)
- Anoa (Bubalus quartesi)
- Rafflesia Arnoldii (Rafflesia Arnoldii)
- Bali Starling / Jalak Bali (Leucopsar rothschildi) -> Status : Critically endangered
source : www.wikipedia.com
Komodo is a carnivore, it also has a long, yellow, deeply forked tongue. IUCN announced that the status of Komodo Dragon is Vulnerable. Nowadays, Komodo are under protected by Indonesian law and a national park, Komodo National Park.
Many domestic tourists, even foreign tourists, visit to Komodo National Park. They want to see and get unforgettable moments or maybe a new experience that they can't get in other country.
Birds of Paradise lives in Moluccas of Indonesia ( Sulawesi Island ), but its only few species. The diet of all these species is dominated by fruits and some arthropods. They are usually live in rainforest habitats.
In reality, many people trade this animals, why? Because people sell their feathers and skins, it is has been going on for two thousand years. A number of species are threatened by hunting and habitats loss.
It is very horrible!!.......
Tuesday, June 01, 2010
It is rare and hardly to locate. Because when the flower as a bud, it is take many months to develop and the flower just bloom in few days. Many are known to be nearing extinction, so nowadays, the flower is taken to be conserve.